CRANBERRY BRAISED RED CABBAGE RECIPE
This tender braised red cabbage is the perfect accompaniment to duck or pork or just about any kind of sausages. I have even spread it on a ham sandwich on toasted rye bread. Be sure to use unsweetened cranberry juice, not cranberry “cocktail” or the result will be far too sweet. This is a great make-ahead winter side dish and can be stored refrigerated for several days.
- 4 cardamom pods, finely ground
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, finely ground
- ½ cup honey
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 4 oz bacon sliced and cut in 1“ pieces
- 2 medium white onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 head red cabbage, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, bring honey to a boil. Add ground cardamom and coriander and cranberry juice. Simmer until reduced by about half.
- In a large cast iron pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook bacon until translucent, about five minutes. Add onions and cook stirring occasionally another five minutes. Add cabbage and apple and cook stirring until softened, an additional 15 minutes. Add reduced cranberry juice and spice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and transfer to oven
- Braise approximately two hours until cabbage is tender.
March Food Festival: Beet Pickled Eggs
This March we’re celebrating Preservation with Liz’s very own Beet Pickled Eggs recipe.
Great Performances’ Vegan Chili Recipe
This vegan chili recipe is the perfect way to keep warm this winter.
Roasted Butternut Squash Puree with Miso Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares her recipe for this silky smooth butternut squash puree – a wonderful accompaniment for any meal.
Cranberry Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares this tender braised red cabbage recipe; the perfect accompaniment to duck or pork or just about any kind of sausages.
Bittersweet Chocolate Pots de Crème Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares her recipe for this very grown-up version of a rich and very dark chocolate pudding to share with your special someone.
February Food Festival: Carrot & Napa Cabbage Kimchi Recipe
This February we’re celebrating Kimchi with a Carrot & Napa Cabbage Kimchi Recipe by Chef Rachel John.
Star Anise Braised Pork Belly Tacos Recipe
Chef Rachel John shares her very own Star Anise Braised Pork Belly Tacos Recipe, paired perfectly with her Kimchi recipe.
Vegan(ish) Butternut Squash with Kimchi
Try this Vegan(ish) Butternut Squash Recipe by Chef Rachel John – topped with her Carrot & Napa Cabbage Kimchi.