Asparagus and Onion Frittata
We love frittatas at any time of day.
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 4 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 T olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 T milk
- 1 T fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 T butter
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Steam asparagus until just tender
- Heat olive oil in a pan over med/high heat.
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms soften.
- Combine eggs and milk, salt, pepper, and tarragon in a bowl and whisk well
- Add cheese and whisk till blended.
- Melt butter on low/med heat in a large pan.
- Add egg mixture. Stirring constantly until bottom begins to just set.
- Spread asparagus and mushrooms onto the egg.
- Place pan into a 350-degree oven and cook until eggs are firm to the touch.
- Remove pan from oven and invert frittata onto a serving platter
- Slice into 8 servings and serve immediately.