A great trick is to make the recipe for 8 burgers (more or less, depending on the size of your patties) and freeze the ones that you will not be eating! It’s a quick and healthy meal for later!
- 2 16 ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/4 c carrot, grated
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 c spinach
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c breadcrumbs
- 1 T dried oregano, basil
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t Thai chili sauce, hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, mash cooked black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. Finely chop bell pepper, onion, carrots, spinach, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, dried herbs, cumin, and chili sauce.
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into 8 patties.
6. Place patties on a baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.