This first course makes a splash on our Spring 213 menu!
- 5 bunch asparagus (stems cut and peeled, then reserved for stock)
- 5 shallots
- 3 ribs of celery
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 white potato, 60 count
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 4 parsley stems
- 5 white peppercorns
- 3 q water
- 1 c white wine
- 1 c fresh spinach
- Make an asparagus stock from the trimmings of the asparagus stalks, onion scrap, and celery peelings.
- Add half of the thyme and other aromatics. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sweat out all the vegetables.
- Add white wine, potatoes and rest of aromatics.
- Add strained asparagus stock.
- Cook about 20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Purée all with the spinach to enhance the color and pass through chinois. Put in an ice bath.