Great Performances is a catering and event planning company founded on a collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and quality.
As an operation support member to Great Performances sales team, the Event Producer, is responsible to support sales events with total annual budget of $1,000,000 – 2,000,000, or roughly 80 – 120 events annually. Primary duties will include, but are not exclusive to, administrative tasks of proposal production, rental equipment orders, permit producing, interacting with culinary, design, staff services, accounting and meet company compliance with administrative software (CaterXpert, Nowsta), as well as on site representation at events, ensuring excellent customer service and client satisfaction. Opportunities may exist to work on projects assigned by the CEO to determine workload.
Responsible for providing administrative and sales support for Sales Managers/Event Directors to ensure the successful planning and execution of off-premise catered events.
Assist in the creation and administration of paperwork for off-premise catered events including, but not limited to:
- event proposals;
- menus and beverage lists;
- pantry sheets;
- rental equipment lists;
- liquor licenses;
- insurance certificates;
- staffing guidelines and uniform requirements;
- Maintain client contact in absence of designated Sales Manager/Event Directors;
- Capture pertinent information from potential and existing clients for incoming sales inquiries;
- Check venue availability for events;
- Coordinate site inspections for designated Sales Managers/Event Directors and clients;
- Attend site/location inspections with designated Sales Managers/Event Directors and clients;
- Cost and re-cost (if necessary) event proposals;
- Assist in the set-up and successful execution of in-house tastings for clients;
- Serve as a liaison to Event Captains and provide them with pertinent information concerning their assigned events: staffing assignments, menus, etc.;
- Attend events to assure their successful execution and to provide additional supervision if needed;
- Serve as a liaison with the Accounting department concerning event financials;
- Prepare mailings containing sales and marketing information for current and potential clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A motivated self-starter and skilled at multitasking. Poised, professional, and enjoys collaborating with a team.
- Demonstrated interest in the hospitality industry, specifically in catering, event planning and/or sales;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem solving, logic, analytical, mathematical and customer service skills, acquired through practice or training;
- Demonstrated food knowledge for menu recommendation and creation;
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities as dictated by changing business environment;
- Ability to interact with different individuals on multiple levels, including both internal and external customers;
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in the Microsoft suite of office products, (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), Filemaker and Vectorworks;
- Ability to successfully navigate and utilize the GP photo library and graphics programs to enhance sales proposals, etc;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Education/Training/Certifications/License Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, a Liberal Arts field or Business Administration from an accredited four year institution;
- Undergraduate internship in the hospitality field, specifically in the catering or event planning industry, strongly desired;
- Prior work experience in the hospitality field, specifically in the catering or event planning industry, desired.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Is flexible in providing additional support to varying sales managers, (other than the designated Sales Manager), on an as-needed basis;
- Has high performance expectations and willingly owns results. Demonstrates a commitment to goals, a “can do” attitude and approach to problems, and persistence in the face of adversity;
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and unit growth;
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner;
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure overall operational success.
Must be able to provide valid documentation that you are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K, transit, and flexible spending accounts.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Click the link below to apply for this position.
Event Producer Great Performances is a catering and event planning company founded on a collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and
Catering Manager Great Performances, NYC’s premier catering and events company, is a dynamic and influential leader in the food and events