Great Performances, NYC’s premier catering and events company, is a dynamic and influential leader in the food and events industry and is known for its dedication to delicious food, great events as well as social responsibility and sustainability. We are the exclusive caterer to many high-profile NYC institutions. Great Performances is the first catering company to own and operate its own organic farm—Katchkie Farm, in Kinderhook, NY.
We work side-by-side with local growers and purveyors to bring the freshest seasonal foods from farm to table. We operate venues and cafes throughout NYC, including Jazz at Lincoln Center, BAM, Brooklyn Museum, Apollo, Signature Theatre, and Wave Hill. Additionally, we have an exclusive relationship with The Plaza Hotel.
Our mission: Collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and quality. Our values: Engagement, Adaptability, Pride, Responsibility, Knowledge and Professionalism
If you share these values, and are passionate about food, service and a team working environment, you are invited to apply and join our team.
The Catering Manager manages customer relationships for all events and services
Possess excellent organizational, planning, and inter-personal skills
Manage various tasks on a daily basis to ensure operations runs smoothly
Directs and supervises catering logistics for all events and services
- Manage group sales
- Conducts on site property tours to promote facilities and services
- Creates proposals and provides staff with accurate and timely information to execute event
- Ensures all contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Great Performances standards
- Develop relationships with clients by communicating with a “how can we make this work” attitude
- Demonstrate GP’s hospitality standards with guests and co-workers
- Maintain excellent customer service skills with a positive attitude towards guest, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Assist clients with their questions and concerns providing an answer or solution
- Ability to maintain all computer, company programs, Caterxpert, salesforce, etc.
- Detail Oriented
- 3 – 4 years prior catering experience, including event planning and event management
- Computer skills, food and beverage cost controls
- Professionally communicate ideas, thoughts and opinions on food and beverage trends
- Identify customer needs and expectations
- Organized, reliable and exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to provide valid documentation that you are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K, transit, and flexible spending accounts.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Click the link below to apply