Even as we’re practicing social distancing, we continue to see great examples of how life happens around food. Instead of the corporate lunches, we’re seeing teams enjoy video conference lunches; instead of big dinner parties, families are having home-cooked meals together; and instead of packing bars at happy hours, friends are toasting each other virtually.
With more people cooking at home, we’re collecting recipes from our Great Performances’ team members, families, friends and partners to share with you and provide some inspiration for delicious dishes you can make at home. Share your recipes and photos with us: tag us on social media #gpcovidcooking, direct message @gpfood or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND QUINOA SALAD
- 2 cups tri-color quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 8 ounces unsalted dry-roasted pecans
- olive oil
- a few tsp lemon juice
- Spices: salt
- Optional: dried cranberries
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. After quinoa is cooked spread out in thin layer over parchment paper to cool and dry
- Cube butternut squash, coat in olive oil, season with salt, and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 min on a baking sheet.
- Dice onions and quarter Brussels sprouts, saute in olive oil for 10-12 minutes in a cast iron pan. Finish in oven for 4-6 min.
- Combine quinoa, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts and onions, and pecans in a large bowl. Coat with additional olive oil and lemon juice, mix well and enjoy.
- If desired, sprinkle dried cranberries on top of each serving