Even as we’re practicing social distancing, we continue to see great examples of how life happens around food. Instead of the corporate lunches, we’re seeing teams enjoy video conference lunches; instead of big dinner parties, families are having home-cooked meals together; and instead of packing bars at happy hours, friends are toasting each other virtually.
With more people cooking at home, we’re collecting recipes from our Great Performances’ team members, families, friends and partners to share with you and provide some inspiration for delicious dishes you can make at home. Share your recipes and photos with us: tag us on social media #gpcovidcooking, direct message @gpfood or email email@example.com.
PUFFED PEAR PANCAKE
I usually only make this for Sunday brunch, but felt we needed a little extra pampering to start our day.
Recipe provided by
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Place a 12” oven-safe skillet (we like cast iron) in a cold oven and preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, almond or vanilla extract and salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss pear with sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the preheated skillet from the oven and add the butter, swirling until melted. Arrange pears in a single layer and pour in the batter.
- Return skillet to oven and bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or powdered sugar.