TOP TIPS FOR PLANNING A HOLIDAY PARTY
By Shaun Roberts
For many people, it’s been a long time since they’ve attended an event. Shaun Roberts, CRO (Chief Revelry Officer) and master party planner shares some of his top tips to help you plan the perfect holiday party. Whether you’re planning a company party or a social gathering for the holiday season, the same tips will apply. And don’t forget, you don’t need to plan a holiday party in November or December! January is also a great month to throw a holiday party, and our team at Great Performances can create some incredible moments to help keep your holiday party fresh and exciting.
- Get ahead of the game. It is never too early to start planning your holiday party! At the very least, get a date on the calendar so that you can secure a venue, even if it is your own space. It’ll also give you and your team a bit more time to enjoy the planning process (yes, it is possible!)
- Location, location, location. Whether you’re hosting it in-house or are looking for an event space, we can help you find a location that works for your party vibe and number of guests. From historic mansions and ultramodern urban spaces to lofty libraries and intimate museums, we’ve got a venue to suit every style. We can even find event venues for intrepid explorers, adventurous athletes
- Plan something fun. We’re not suggesting charades, but planning a special theme, activity, food, or moment to engage your guests and add an extra spark to your event can help make your holiday party even more memorable. Our planners have dozens of ideas up their sleeves from fun food stations to creative cocktails to entertainers and performers.
- Make it delicious. Now that you’ve given yourself plenty of time to plan the party, you can really put together a delicious and thoughtful menu with your Great Performances Event Director. Specialty items like sushi stations, beignet carts, and vegan ice cream trucks can be sourced. Interactive and globally inspired stations like our Pan-African, NY Street Food, and Cannoli stations are sure to be a hit. And we can help ensure that a wide variety of dietary preferences are accommodated.
- Keep the party flowing. We love welcoming guests with a drink and a nibble to help everyone feel at ease as soon as they arrive. Stations and passed hors d’oeuvres help keep people mingling and moving around the space. If you prefer a seated dinner, we recommend mixing things up with a dessert and coffee bar to encourage more post-dinner merriment.