Katchkie Spice Roasted Turnips and Tops
- 8 tennis-ball sized Turnips with tops (remove tops, wash, spin dry and rough chop, peel the turnip itself and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Sea Salt
- Fennel Seed
- 2 cups White Onion, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 2 cups canned Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tsp smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- Toss turnips with 1 tbsp coconut oil & honey. Season with sea salt, Bake at 350F until tender and caramelized
- Heat sautee pan. Add 2 tbsp coconut oil and garlic. Toast garlic until well browned. Add onions, fennel seed and cook until translucent.
- To finish, add roasted turnips, turnip tops, & garbanzos to onion mixture. Season with cider vinegar, smoked paprika, and salt to taste. Serve warm as a side.
June Food Festival: Berry Jam
This month we’re celebrating Preservation with a Berry Jam recipe brought to you by Pastry Chef, Albert Bello.
May Food Festival: Rhubarb Chutney
This month we’re celebrating Preservation with a Rhubarb Chutney recipe brought to you by our Culinary Director, Andrew Smith.
April Food Festival: Ramp Pesto
This month we’re celebrating Preservation with a Ramp Pesto recipe brough to you by our Culinary Director, Andrew Smith.
March Food Festival: Beet Pickled Eggs
This March we’re celebrating Preservation with Liz’s very own Beet Pickled Eggs recipe.
Great Performances’ Vegan Chili Recipe
This vegan chili recipe is the perfect way to keep warm this winter.
Roasted Butternut Squash Puree with Miso Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares her recipe for this silky smooth butternut squash puree – a wonderful accompaniment for any meal.
Cranberry Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares this tender braised red cabbage recipe; the perfect accompaniment to duck or pork or just about any kind of sausages.
Bittersweet Chocolate Pots de Crème Recipe
Georgette Farkas shares her recipe for this very grown-up version of a rich and very dark chocolate pudding to share with your special someone.