EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE
by Georgette Farkas
I recently taught a series of cooking classes called “A Culinary Egg-Venture”. Our first class, Green Tortilla Espanola, included lemon juice and lemon zest to enhance the flavors of the vegetables. And even though this would have been perfect as a meal on its own, I think it pairs beautifully with a salad dressed with a lemon vinaigrette using the leftover lemon juice and zest.
This lemon vinaigrette makes use of the lemon juice and the lemon zest, which gives the dressing a beautifully bright, refreshing flavor that pairs well with almost any lettuces you wish to add.
I always recommend making extra as it will keep well in the fridge for a few days and can even be used as a marinade. Let me know how you end up using this recipe!
Easy Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl combine lemon zest and juice, chives salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Note, in addition to or even in place of chives, feel free to add chopped fresh parsley and/or tarragon.