We are continually seeking talented individuals with previous experience in the hospitality industry to join our personnel. Great Performances offers both full-time and part-time jobs and is frequently looking to hire new chefs, servers, and waiters. Resumes, cover letters or this application can be submitted to Human Resources via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (212) 924-5284. Please reference the position in which you are interested in the subject line of your e-mail or on your fax coversheet.
Great Performances, New York’s premier event and catering company has an opening for an Event Director.
Overall responsibilities include the successful selling, planning and execution of off-premise catering events. Job functions include sales outreach, creation and administration of paperwork, creating event proposals, menus, equipment orders and staffing requirements. Coordinate site inspections, maintaining vendor relationships, coordinating event timelines and onsite representation at events to ensure successful outcome of the event. May supervise an Assistant Event Director.
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 5 years’ sales experience in the hospitality/event industry, specifically in event planning and catering. Experience planning weddings is a strong plus.
Must have successful event sales track record, and strong client relationship management skills. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Additionally, this individual should have a sense of humor, keen eye for detail, determination and energy; must be savvy, stylish, passionate and enthusiastic. Prior managerial/supervisory experience is required. Excellent computer skills, strong presentation and public speaking skills is a plus.
If you have these qualifications, please send resume and cover letter with “Event Director” in the subject line to hrinfo@great performances.com.
- The purpose of this part-time job is to complete short-term video projects for Great Performances, a NYC catering company.
- Shoot video footage of our company at work (including the daily schedules of our sales team, kitchen, delivery team, catering wait staff)
- Edit video footage
- Attend catered events to film
- Ability and skill to complete projects with a quick turnaround
- Dynamic, outgoing personality
- Able to provide examples of prior work
- Flexible, part-time availability
- Understanding of the demands of a busy work environment
- Good sense of judgment
- Interest in food and event videography is a plus
Please send your one-page resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Great Performances, New York’s premier catering, event and food service company seeks a dynamic, hands-on individual with demonstrated hospitality, managerial and logistical experience to direct and manage a venue operation. Responsibilities include leading and developing employees, customer and client relations, managing labor and other costs, and improving inventory controls.
Candidate should be able to manage restaurant efficiently and profitable, while maintaining its reputation and ethos. This includes, but is not limited to, the selection, development, and performance management of employees, as well as overseeing events, groups and guest relations.
The ideal candidate must be able to successfully interact with FOH and BOH employees, senior management, customers and contract partners. You should be able to solve problems creatively and efficiently. Must be able to delegate effectively, while multi-tasking and managing competing priorities. We are seeking someone with previous management experience. Must have the ability to work approximately 50 hour work weeks with varying hours including weekends.
Ensuring successful nightly operations with hands on approach that include, but not limited to:
· Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant and setting a motivational tone for the evening
· Managing/Assisting staff during nightly service and duties
· Providing constructive feedback and development
· Enforcing service standards as described in Company Hospitality Guides
· Meeting and greeting guests
· Resolving guests issues and concerns
· Generating accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports for the accounting department
· Coordinating weekly employee schedules, vacations and shift requests
· Assisting with special events, promotional activities and operational changes
· Coordinating menu proposals for all group sales and special events
· Assisting with rental orders and special event requests
· Conducting weekly and monthly inventory of liquor, beverages and supplies
3-5 years restaurant management experience
Flexible hours and days, including nights and weekends
Knowledge of computers and POS Systems
Self-disciplined: initiative; leadership ability
Professional and pleasant manner
Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and responsibilities
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply email resume and cover letter with "Venue Manager" in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.