3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup cake flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
6 tbsp hot milk
1) Beat eggs until very thick and light. Add sugar sporadically, beating constantly. Beat in lemon juice.
2) Mix flour and baking powder. With slotted spoon, fold flour mixture into egg mixture a small amount at a time.
3) Add hot milk, and stir quickly until just blended.
4) Pour into ungreased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Invert pan and cool before serving. Coat the cake with raspberry jam.
Make in double boiler
2 cups milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1) Add eggs to cold milk; blend together with sugar and salt.
2) Cook over hot water while stirring until mixture is slightly thick and coats metal spoon.
3) Remove from heat, add vanilla and pour over raspberry coated sponge cake.