Yield 6 servings
2 lbs sunchokes
1 large white onion, diced fine
1 cup white wine
1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
1 can coconut milk
3 cups water
1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
4 tbsp canola oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup snow peas, blanched
Drizzle olive oil
Splash lemon juice
Fresh mint, julienned
Salt to taste
1) Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil, and blanch snow peas for 1 minute. Strain snow peas and refresh in a bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
2) In a large pot add canola oil and turn flame to medium high. Add onions and cook 5 minutes, being careful not to color, then add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
3) Add ground coriander and black pepper and cook 2 minutes.
4) Add white wine and cook 2 minutes. Add water, coconut milk, and salt to taste.
5) Bring mixture to a gentle boil. Add sunchokes and cook until tender.
6) Process soup until smooth, adjusting consistency with more milk or water as needed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
7) Chop blanched snow peas and mix with mint,
olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
Ladle the hot soup into warm bowls, and garnish with the snow pea mix.