1 lb sunchokes
12 oz instant polenta
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb oyster mushrooms, trimmed
5 cups milk
Salt to taste
Black pepper fresh ground, to taste
1/4 oz shallots, finely diced
1/4 oz garlic, minced
A few sprigs fresh thyme
6 eggs, poached
6 tbsp canola oil, divided
1) Bring milk to a simmer, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add polenta, whisking gently until mixture is smooth. Lower heat and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add 4 tablespoons canola oil to a large saucepan on medium high. Distribute sunchokes evenly, and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and move to a paper towel-lined plate.
3) Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to a sauté pan on medium high. Cook mushrooms until lightly golden brown, then add shallots, garlic and thyme. Cook 2 more minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Move to a
paper towel-lined plate.
4) Taste polenta for seasoning, and adjust consistency with milk if needed. Add parmesan and half of the sunchokes. Mix well.
5) Gently poach eggs in simmering water 5-6 minutes.
Divide polenta in 6 warm bowls, and top with mushrooms, sunchokes, and poached egg. Sprinkle a little parmesan and freshly cracked black pepper on top.