A wastED recipe to use all season long!
1. Make a simple syrup with a ratio of 3 parts water to one part sugar, by volume.
2. Bring to a boil, and blanch vegetable peels taken from carrots, parsnips and turnips that have been washed.
3. Drain in a perforated hotel pan. Dry on paper toweling.
4. Arrange on a full sheet-sized silpat to dry overnight in an oven at 150-200 degrees F.
5. Fry vegetable peels in oil at 310 degrees F for 20-30 seconds, season and allow to cool.
6. Top salad, soup, or eat on their own.