1-3 lbs whole chicken
½ lb butter
½ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
5 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbsp sea salt, divided
1 tbsp pepper, divided
A digital thermometer or meat thermometer
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1) Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
2) Chop the butter and sprinkle half of the salt and pepper over the butter.
3) Chop the garlic and add to the butter. With your hand, insert the seasoned butter in between the skin and the breast meat.
4) Coat the chicken with olive oil and season with the reserved salt and pepper.
5) Place the onion and thyme in the chicken's cavity.
6) Lower oven temperature to 400.
7) Place chicken in oven. Roast for 40 minutes until the skin is browned and crispy and the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Rest the chicken for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve with roasted potatoes and wine.