1 loaf French baguette
1 cup traditional guacamole
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 lb pastrami smoked salmon, chopped
1 cup vegetable slaw (¼ cabbage, sliced thin, 1 banana pepper, sliced thin, 1 carrot, shredded)
½ cup apple cider vinaigrette
4 oz crème fraîche
1 oz Greek olive oil
2 oz capers, fried
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
For vegetable slaw:
1) Wash and dry cabbage, banana peppers, carrot. Slice cabbage and banana peppers thin, de-seed peppers, and shred carrots. Mix together with apple cider vinaigrette. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Wash capers to remove the saltiness. Drain well. In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil, then add capers and fry.
1) Cut French baguette on bias and toast.
2) Chop pastrami smoked salmon and toss with vegetable slaw.
3) Spread a thin layer of guacamole on each toast. Layer slices of hard boiled eggs, top with salmon vegetable slaw and crispy capers and top with crème fraiche.
Serve with salad or fresh fruit.