For the rolls:
1.5 pounds beef and pork, ground and combined
1 small onion, finely minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp powdered ginger
1 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
¼ cauliflower, cut in pea-sized pieces
8 big cabbage leaves, boiled for 2 minutes
1 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 320°F
1) Mix all ingredients for the rolls together really well
2) Divide the mix between the cabbage leaves
3) Fold around the filling and place the packages into a baking dish seam side down
4) Pour the chicken stock into the pan. Bake for 45 mins in the oven.
1) Add butter to a small pot and melt, then add flour. Stir to make a roux.
2) Cook for 3 minutes until the flour has cooked.
3) Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until the mixture has thickened.
4) Add the chicken bouillon and seasoning.
When the rolls are done serve with the sauce. Garnish with remaining parsley and a spoonful of jelly.