Mix & Match Breakfast Bars
Total Time: 1 Hour
• Prep Time: 5 Minutes
• Cooling Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 8 Breakfast Bars
• 2 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup honey
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Preheat oven to 350° F.
• Using parchment paper, line 8-inch square pan with 2-inch overhang
• Put 2 cups of the oats in large bowl.
• Buzz remaining ½ cup of oats in a blender or small food processor until you get a rough flour. Add to bowl of oats.
• Stir in baking soda and salt.
• Add in Mix and Match dry ingredients to bowl and stir to combine.
• In a small saucepan, gently heat coconut oil, sugar and honey (or Mix and Match variation below) until just melted. Stir until
sugars are incorporated. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
• Stir liquid mixture into bowl until oat are completed and evenly coated.
• Turn bowl into prepared pan and spread evenly. Put a sandwich bag onto hands and press mixture firmly into corners for an even thickness.
• Bake 20 minutes until oats are toasted and golden. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into bars with sharp knife; cleaning knife as necessary.
• Leave bars to cool another 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely.
• Bars will crisp as they cool. Put into container or wrap individually when completely cool. Store on counter or in refrigerator or freezer. (Pull out 15 minutes to warm up a bit before eating.)
When made with gluten-free oats, recipe is gluten-free AND vegan.
The Basic Bars take well to a variety of add-ins to make them your own families’ favorite breakfast bar. Add in up to a cup of nuts and/or dried fruit. Switch out honey for other liquid sugars, like maple or agave. Change oil to canola, nut oil or a light olive oil for slight differences in texture.
Apricot Pistachio Bars
• ½ cup roughly chopped roasted pistachios (salted or unsalted)
• ½ cup roughly chopped dried apricots
• Add pistachios and apricots as Mix & Match ingredients in Step 4.
• Proceed with recipe as written.
Honey Nut Bars
• ½ cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts (salted or unsalted)
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter power
* Additional tablespoon of honey for topping
• Add peanuts and peanut butter powder as Mix & Match ingredients in Step 4.
• Proceed with recipe as written until Step 7
• After mixture is pressed into pan, drizzle the additional honey evenly on the top.
• Then proceed as directed.
Double Chocolate Pepita Bars
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• ½ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup walnut oil (for coconut oil)
• ¼ cup maple syrup (for honey)
• Add cocoa powder, pepitas, and chia seeds as Mix and Match ingredients in Step 4.
• In Step 5, use walnut oil and maple syrup with sugar. Melt and proceed as directed.
• In Step 8, when bars are pulled from the oven, sprinkle dark chocolate chips evenly across bars. Let cool 10 minutes.
• Spread melted chocolate evenly across bars.
• Let cool for 5 minutes.
• Cut bars with sharp knife while in pan.
• Then pop into the refrigerator for another 10 minutes to cool completely and harden chocolate.
Nutritional Information (Estimated) - Per Serving
Calories: 163, Fat: 7.6 g (6 g saturated), Total Carbohydrate: 23.5g (Dietary Fiber: 1.3g), Protein: 1.7g
Apricot Pistachio Bars
Calories: 187, Fat: 9.4 g (6.2 g saturated), Total Carbohydrate: 25.6g (Dietary Fiber: 1.3g), Protein: 2.6g
Honey Nut Bars
Calories: 236, Fat: 12.6 g (6.7 g saturated), Total Carbohydrate: 27.9g (Dietary Fiber: 2.6g), Protein: 6g
Double Chocolate Pepita BarsCalories: 262, Fat: 15.9 g (2.8 g saturated), Total Carbohydrate: 27.9g (Dietary Fiber: 2.8g), Protein: 5.9g