For the Latkes:
For the Latkes:
2 cup Peeled and shredded potatoes
1 Tbsp Grated yellow onion
3 Eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1. Gently squeeze the liquid from the shredded potatoes using your hands or a cheesecloth.
2. Add to mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Mix to combine.
3. In a saute pan, heat oil to quite hot on medium high heat.
4. Form mixture into latke patties and place them carefully into the oil in the saute pan.
5. Cook until golden brown on one side, flipping them when necessary.
6. Finish cooking the latke until evenly browned on both sides. Drain on a paper towel for assembly.
For the Cardamom Curry Scented Yogurt:
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 Tbsp Roasted garlic
1 small pinch Cardamom
1 small pinch Curry powder
1. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until needed for assembly.
For the Grilled Baby Vegetables:
3 each Baby turnips, quartered
3 each Thumbelina carrots, sliced lengthwise into 4 pieces
3 each Baby golden beets, sliced lengthwise into 4 pieces
1 cup Olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, lightly oil the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
2. Carefully grill the vegetables, removing them from the heat when nice grill marks have been achieved.
3. Finish cooking the vegetables in a 325 degree F. oven until just al dente.
4. Set aside until needed for assembly.
For the red lentils:
1 cup Red lentils
2 cups Water
1 Plum tomato, seeded and diced
1 tsp Grated ginger
1 tsp Minced garlic
1 Tbsp Chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1. In a small saucepan, gently heat the oil on medium heat.
2. Saute the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add all other ingredients and simmer on low for 15 minutes, or until lentils are fully cooked and thick.
On top of each latke, place 1 tbsp of the lentil mixture, spreading it evenly across the latke. Add 1 or 2 pieces of the grilled vegetables, and top the middle of the vegetables with the seasoned yogurt. Enjoy!