©Another Foodie Blogger
1 large Summer squash, sliced and quartered
2 Scallions, chopped
1/2 medium Onion, chopped,
2 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Basil, chopped
1 clove Garlic, finely minced
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 cups Vegetable broth
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 cup Cream or non-dairy alternative
Pea shoots, for garnish
1. In a soup pot, sauté the squash and onion in olive oil until onion is tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic in the last minute or so.
2. Season with black pepper to taste, add the tarragon, then pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice and stir.
3. Cover and bring to a simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the squash is tender all the way through.
4. Remove from heat and add the milk or cream. (Optional)
5. Purée with a blender.
6. Serve immediately, or serve cold. Garnish with pea shoots.