We were struck by the simple beauty of this dish on CSA member Kristy Kang's Instagram. She was kind enough to share the recipe with us! You are welcome to swap out veggies based on what you have on hand.
1/4 cup Beef sausage or other type of protein, finely sliced
6 ounces Kimchi, chopped and packed
1 tablespoon Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 Tbs Soy sauce
2 tsp Sesame oil
2 tsp of fresh garlic, minced
19 3/4 ounces cooked Short grain rice (about 3 cups)
1 Tbs Vegetable oil
1 cup Zucchini and summer squash, sliced into quarters
1/2 cup Cabbage, sliced
1/3 cup Onion (scallions work!), sliced
Dash of Italian seasoning (optional)
Handful of Pea shoots, or other garnish (fresh herbs work great)
2 Eggs, cooked sunnyside up
1. Heat up a pan and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil (could skip).
2. Add the sausage and stir fry at medium-high heat until brown.
3. Add the kimchi and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 minute at medium heat until kimchi is cooked.
4. Add rest of the vegetables and stir fry until they turn soft.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of Korean red pepper paste or crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste.
6. Finish with a dash of Italian seasoning mix and crushed black pepper.
7. Add sesame oil and mix briefly. Remove from the heat.
8. Serve warm over rice with pea shoots, crumbled seaweed, and pre-cooked egg on top.