One Large cauliflower.
1/4 cup Olive oil
Seasoning of choice
1. Cut the cauliflower into big thick slices, or cauliflower "steaks." You are going to cut them from the center of the vegetable, vertically, cutting down through the core. With a large knife, cut 3/4-inch thick vertical slices from the center of the cauliflower, as many steaks as you can make.
2. Gather up the rest of the remaining pieces of cauliflower and surround them with foil. Sprinkle lightly with olive oil, then generously with your favorite seasoning(s). Fold up the foil to contain the florets and bits in a a packet.
3. Brush the cauliflower steaks on both sides with olive oil, and then season them generously.
4. Put the cauliflower steaks on the grill, and place the packet over indirect heat.
5. Watch the steaks carefully. Turn once, when well-marked and starting to soften. Total cooking time should be about 8 minutes, depending on the heat. If the steaks are browned but still firm and resistant to a fork, move them to indirect heat and close the lid for a little while.
6. Cauliflower is done when it is browned and softened enough when you test it with a fork or the tip of a knife.