2 cups filbert flour
1 cup almond flour
4 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
4 sticks butter
1 ¾ cup sugar
Fig, raspberry, apricot, or blackberry jam (homemade or store bought)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1) In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a whisk.
2) In an electric mixer with a paddle, cream the butter and sugar into a soft paste.
3) Crack eggs into a cup and slowly add one at a time to the sugar butter mixture. Mix until combined.
4) Add the dry ingredients in two batches mixing until dough is smooth.
5) Allow to rest in the fridge at least 30 minutes (or up to one week.)
6) On a flat floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thick. Using holiday cutters, cut out two of each shape (a top and a bottom). For the cookie that will be the top, use a small cutter (star shaped, circle shaped, heart shaped) to cut out the decorative shapes for “the window." Transfer to a parchment lined baking pan.
7) Keep dough chilled to ensure that it keeps its shape while baking. Return to fridge if needed.
8) Bake until light golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
9) When cooled, pipe jam on to the bottom cookie and sandwich with the top cookie.
10) Return to oven and bake 3-5 minutes to set the jam.
11) Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar.
These cookies will keep for up to one week.