This will give you enough brine to fill about 4 quart jars of pickled veggie, with some extra.
4 cups Apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar (yes, you can use white vinegar, but the others are more flavorful)
4 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Kosher salt
2 sliced Cloves of fresh garlic per jar (more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
1 Tbsp Peppercorns per jar
1 tsp Cumin seeds per jar
1 tsp Mustard seeds per jar
Sprigs of Fresh dill, ideally a flowered top, per jar
Optional – a shake of red pepper flakes
1. Simmer the vinegar, water, salt and sugar till fully dissolved.
2. Fill jars with washed veggies and the garlic, spice and herbs.
3. Pour brine over the veggies and close jars.
4. Store in fridge and enjoy after a minimum of 24 hours.
5. The extra brine can be stored in a closed jar at room temperature.