DON’T FORGET THESE 10 THINGS WHEN PLANNING YOUR SUMMER BASH
1. How to beat the heat: Plan your get-togethers in the late afternoon. As it gets darker, it will begin to cool down and the sunset will make for great atmosphere as well.
2. Ice – Make sure you have extra ice available; too much ice is never a bad thing. This will come in handy when you open the cooler and realize your drinks are sitting in a pool of water. When guests say "what can I bring?" tell them to bring ice - we don't need anymore desserts - bathing suit season!
3. Mosquito season – If you are planning an event outside, keep in mind there will be mosquitoes! By utilizing citronella candles or providing bug wipes, you will keep your guests bite-free!
4. Wind – Plan for wind. Make sure you weigh down your napkins & table clothes - add a cute medallion to the ends to hold it down!
5. Barbeques – “When planning a barbeque, one of the most important things you should do is to make sure you have a full propane tank. You would be surprised how many times I have been to a barbeque when the host had an empty tank.” – Chef Geoff Rudaw
6. Sunscreen – If you decided to have your outdoor party during the day, have sunscreen readily available for your guests.
7. Seasonal Menus – During the summer, you have the ability to create a fun and healthy menu with all of the vegetables and fruits that are in season. Think tomatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and watermelon.
8. The Playlist – Summer is the time to embrace the classics. Think Bruce Springsteen, the Beatles, and Stevie Wonder. Don’t crank the speakers but do have a fun playlist on in the background.
9. Kids – It is summer after all, so while school is out do not be surprised if your guests show up with their kids. Embrace the youth and provide fun fruity drinks and snacks for the little ones.
10. Frozen Treats– Frozen treats are a must. Check out our next article for some recipes!